Basic Coatings Inspection Course/ QP1 QC Inspector training (3 ½ day):
Who should attend?
This course offers intensive, interactive training for inspectors, contractors, engineers, facility owners, and all those responsible for quality control or quality assurance during industrial surface preparation and coating application operations. The course is recommended for those planning to participate in NACE and/or SSPC inspector certification courses.
- Corrosion theory and control
- Quality assurance and quality control personnel – roles and responsibilities
- Surface preparation techniques, equipment, standards and inspection
- Coating application techniques, equipment, standards and inspection
- Coating types and characteristics, coating systems, estimating coating quantities
- Coating failures and avoidance through inspection
- Written (objective) and practical (instrument use) examinations
- Coating inspection instrument use
- Inspection plan development and simulated coatings inspection
- Airless and conventional spray application
2017 – 2018 Schedule
- December 12-15 – Sold Out
January 23—26, 2018
February 20—23, 2018
March 20—23, 2018
April 24—27, 2018
May 22—25, 2018
- General Registration $899.00
- Groups Of 3 or More $849.00 (Please call our training department to book your registration)
Coatings Inspection Instrument Workshop (1 day):
Designed for facility owners, engineers, industrial painting contractors, coating manufacturers, inspectors and others, this workshop details the proper procedures for using instruments and visual guides for verifying the quality of surface preparation and coating application work, as well as kits for sampling and testing for surface soluble salts, and kits for testing the adhesion of coatings.
The KTA publication, “Using Coatings Inspection Instruments,” 3rd Edition by W.D. Corbett, is included with the workshop fee. Lunch will be provided.
Contact: Debbie Morelli at 412.788.1300 x 187 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on Coatings Inspection Instrument Workshop Dates.
- General Registration $300.00
- Early Payment $250.00 (Payments received 14 days or more, prior to the training date)
Shop Painting Practices 2 Days
0.1 CEUs issued per instructional hour*
To assist shops in the successful performance of coating operations, KTA offers an American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC) sanctioned Sophisticated Painting Endorsement (SPE) training curriculum. This curriculum also meets the training requirements for shops seeking SSPC QP 3 certification.
Course Topics Include: prerequisites to surface preparation; protective coating types common to the shop; surface preparation and inspection requirements; coating application in the shop; conditions for curing and curing mechanisms; hands-on use of quality control instruments.
*To be eligible for CEUs, participant must attend all sessions, participate in all activities, complete all assignments, complete a written evaluation of the course, and attain minimum required scores on the final written and/or practical examinations.
Contact: Debbie Morelli at 412.788.1300 x 187 or email email@example.com for more information regarding Private Courses